Representative Jim Dunnigan fights for your shared values.
- As a local business owner in Taylorsville, Representative Dunnigan understands the struggles of making payroll, keeping overhead low, and balancing a budget; all while dealing with burdensome regulations. That’s why he promotes fewer regulations and lower taxes- so business owners can create jobs and the economy can thrive.
- Representative Dunnigan supports Utah’s hard working teachers and our most valuable resource, Utah children. He believes the people of our state know what is best for our students and wants to keep federal bureaucrats out of the decision room so that Utahns can create the best, and unlimited, opportunities for our children to empower them for generations to come.
- Representative Dunnigan is a staunch defender of government transparency and accountability. He has championed efforts to preserve and protect an open political process because he knows that as an elected official, he works for the citizens of Taylorsville and Kearns. He has fought political corruption, even within his own party, by heading up the committee investigating former Attorney General John Swallow. He then passed Utah’s most significant campaign finance reform in decades.
- Decisions are best made on the local level and not by Washington D.C. bureaucrats who have never lived in Utah. Representative Dunnigan has fought federal overreach in education, public lands, and healthcare. Securing more rights for Utah is vital as we continue to explode in population and Representative Dunnigan wants to have a seat at the table to discuss upcoming challenges so that Utahns are making decisions for the future of out great state.
- Representative Dunnigan has made protecting consumers a priority. He believes individuals in need of financial help should not be preyed upon with overwhelming interest rates or long term loan extensions. He has been a champion for individuals with financial struggles by sponsoring and passing a bill that eliminated predatory lending practices.